Joseph Meyerson (Sup. Prof. Marc Gelkopf),
Joseph Meyerson M.A, is a Clinical Psychologist, Hypnotic Psychotherapist, and Supervisor at HypnoClinic, a state-approved institute for hypnosis education and training in Tel Aviv. He also is a Teaching Fellow in the Behavior Science Section S.D.M at Tel Aviv University. Joseph is the Past President of the Israeli Society of Hypnosis and a former member of the Statutory Advising Committee for Hypnosis of the Ministry of Health. He currently serves as chairman of the Ministry of Health's Examination Committee for Hypnosis Accreditation. Joseph Meyerson has authored several papers on the subject of hypnotic and strategic psychotherapy. Currently he lectures at many national and international conferences.
The Impact of Empathy, Sensory Processing Sensitivity and Coping of Caregivers, during Doctor- Patient Interactions, on Vicarious Stress and Burnout in Dentists.
In this study that is performed in the framework of stress-diathesis perspective, I focus on the way that vicarious stressors (i.e., influences of patient's pain and distress on dentist) are mediated by caregiver's personality factors, such as sensory process sensitivity, the extent and mode of empathic involvement of dentists with their patients as well as on coping strategies they use. The innovative aspects of the proposed research lie in the new vicarious- interpersonal perspective concerning the burnout development among dentists.
Personality Factors and Stress Management Strategies in Vicarious Stress Development, Hypnosis, Hypnotherapy, Dissociation, Memory.
- Meyerson, J. & Gelkopf, M. (2004). Therapeutic Utilization of Spontaneous. Out-of-Body Experiences in Hypnotherapy. American Journal of Psychotherapy, 58; 91-102..
- Meyerson, J., & Konichezy, A. (2009). Out-of-illness experience: hypnotically induced dissociation as a therapeutic resource in treating people with obstinate mental disorders. American Journal of Psychotherapy, 63(2), 133-146.
- Meyerson, J. (2010). Memory Focused Interventions (MFI) as a Therapeutic Strategy in Hypnotic Psychotherapy. American Journal of Clinical Hypnosis, 01/2010; 52(3):189-203.
- Meyerson, J., & Konichezy, A. (2011) Hypnotically Induced Dissociation (HID) as a strategic intervention for enhancing OCD treatment. American Journal of Clinical Hypnosis 53: 3. 169-181 January.
- Arnon, Z., Meyerson, J., (2011) Application of Hypnotic Strategies sustained by a positive psychology orientation in treating OCD patients. Contemporary Hypnosis 27: 3. 177-183.
- Meyerson, J., Gelkopf, M., Golan, G., Shahamorov, E. (2013). What motivates professionals tolearn and use hypnosis in clinical practice? The International Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis, 61(1): 1–10.
- Meyerson, J., Uziel, N.(2014). Application of hypno-dissociative strategies during dental treatment of patients with severe dental phobia. The International Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis, 62(2):179-87.
- Meyerson, J., (2014). The Myth of Hypnosis: The Need for Remythification. The International Journal of Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis. 62(3):378-93. IF 1.52
Ashkenazi, D., Meyerson, J. (2015). Application of Hypnosis in the Work of Rehabilitative Psychologists. Psychoactualia, January: 41-45. (Hebrew)
Meyerson, J., & Ratson, T. (2015). Use of hypnosis in treating a patient with dental anxiety: A case study. Refu'at ha-peh veha-shinayim. 32(4), 20-4. (Hebrew).
- Meyerson, J., Gelkopf, M., Golan, G., Shahamorov, E. (2015). Was motiviert Fachleute, Hypnose zulernen und in der Praxis anzuwenden? Deutsche Zeitschrift für zahnärztliche Hypnose, 1: 8-13.(German).
Meyerson, J. (2017). Self-Talk Monitoring and Utilization for Enhancing Hypnotic Induction. The American Journal of Clinical Hypnosis. 60(2):149-158 · September.
Navon, S., Meyerson, J. & Lahav, Y. (2018). Journal of Contemporary Psychotherapy. 48(1): 27-32.
Uziel, N., Meyerson, J., Winocur, E., Nabriski, O., Eli, I. (2019). Management of the dentally anxious patient: the dentist's perspective. Oral Health and Preventive Dentistry.
Uziel, N., Meyerson, J., Birenzweig, Y., Eli, I. (2019). Professional burnout and work stress among Israeli dental assistants. Psychology, Health & Medicine, 24(1), 59-67.
Uziel, N., Meyerson, J., Gyries, R., Eli, I. (2019). Empathy in dental care – the role of vicarious trauma. International Dental Journal.69: 348-353.
Meyerson, J., Gelkopf, M., Uziel, N., Eli, I. (2019). Burnout and professional quality of life among Israeli dentists – the role of sensory processing sensitivity. International Dental Journal, September: 29-37.
Mijiritsky, E., Lerman, Y., Mijiritsky, O., Shely, A., Meyerson, J., Shacham, M. (2020). Development and Validation of a Questionnaire Evaluating the Impact of Prosthetic Dental Treatments on Patients’ Oral Health Quality of Life: A Prospective Pilot Study. International Journal of Environmental Reserch and Public Health. 17,5037.
Book Chapters Accepted for Publication
- Meyerson, J (2017) Presenting Hypnosis to Patients. In Clinician’s Guide to Medical and Psychological Hypnosis. Gary Elkins (Ed). Chapter 4.pp. 29-33