Phone: 972 4 8288951
Office: Eschol , 6 Floor , Room 613
Reception hours: By appointment
Pediatric Physiotherapist Undergraduate and Graduate Studies B.P.T (Bachelor Degree in Physiotherapy) Tel-Aviv university,Department of Physical Therapy, Faculty of Medicine 1989-1993 Master degree (with distinction) University of Haifa, Department of Special Education, Faculty of Education 1999-2002 Ph.D. (summa cum laude) University of Haifa, Department of Counseling and Human Development, Faculty of Education 2006-2011
Research Areas - Infant motor development - Pediatric physiotherapy - Infant and child handedness and footedness. - Cultural prespectives on infant motor development. - Parental cognition and practices releted to motor development - Motor development in at risk and in special needs populations - Motor development in preterm infants - Premature Infants and Developmentally Appropriate Practice in neonatal intensive care units - Motor aspects in the development of children diagnosed with the autistic spectrum. - Translation of knowledge in the field of motor learning - Translation of knowledge of identifying early signs of autism
1. Atun-Einy, O & Scher, A. (2008). Measuring Developmentally Appropriate Practice in Neonatal Intensive Care Units. Journal of Perinatology: 28: 218-25.
2. Atun-Einy, O, Berger, S & Scher, A. (2012). Pulling to Stand: Common Trajectories and Individual Differences in Development. Developmental Psychobiology: 54: 1-12.
3. Cohen, D.,Atun-Einy,O. & Scher, A. (2012). Seasonal Effect on Infants' Sleep Regulation: A Study in a Mediterranean Climate. Chronobiology International: 29:1352-1357.
4. Atun-Einy, O., Berger, S., & Scher, A. (2013). Assessing Motivation to Move and its Relationship to Motor Development in Infancy. Infant Behavior and Development, 36: 457-469.
5. Atun-Einy, O., Cohen, D., Samuel, M., & Scher, A. (2013). Season of Birth, Crawling Onset, and Motor Development in 7-Month-Old Infants. Journal of Reproductive and Infant Psychology, 31,342-351.
6. Atun-Einy, O., Lotan, M., Harel, Y., Shavit, E., Burstein, S., & Kempner, G. (2013). Physical Therapy for Young Children Diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorders–Clinical Frameworks Model in an Israeli Setting. Frontiers in Pediatrics, 19 1-6.
7. Atun‐Einy, O., Berger, S. E., Ducz, J., & Scher, A. (2014). Strength of infants' Bimanual Reaching Patterns is Related to the Onset of Upright Locomotion. Infancy, 19, 82-102.
8. Atun‐Einy, O. (2015). Asymmetrical Motor Behaviour as a Window to Early Leg Preference: a Longitudinal Study in Infants 7–12 Months of Age. Laterality: Asymmetries of Body, Brain and Cognition, 1-23
9. Kafri, M. Atun-Einy, O. (2015) A Directed Model to Facilitate Implementation of Motor Learning Principles in Physical Therapy. The Journal of the Israeli Physiotherapy Society. 17:4-18.
10. Atun-Einy, O. .,& Scher, A. (2016). Sleep Disruption and Motor Development: Does Pulling-to-stand Impacts Sleep–wake Regulation? Infant Behavior and Development, 42, 36-44.
11. Tonetti, L., Scher, A. Atun-Einy,O. Samuel, M., Boreggiani, M, & Natale, V. (2016). Actigraphic Motor Activity during Sleep from Infancy to Adulthood. Chronobiology International: 29:1352-1357.
12. Atun-Einy, O., Oudgenoeg-Paz, O., & van Schaik, S. D. (2016). Parental Beliefs and Practices Concerning Motor Development: Testing New Tools. European Journal of Developmental Psychology, l ,1-49.
13. Harel, Y., Atun-Einy, O., Lotan, M. (2017). Novel Treatment for Improvement of Sensory-Motor, Function and Emotional Behavior of a Child with Autism Spectrum Disorder: A History Case Report. Autism Open Access, 7:220.
14. Atun-Einy, O., Lotan, M. (2017). A Systematic Review of Hippotherapy (horseback riding) for Individuals with Autism: Is the Cognitive Level Considered? Autism Open Access, 7,21.
15. Atun-Einy, O. +, Tonetti, L., Boreggiani, M, Natale, V. Scher, A. (2018). Infant Motor Activity during Sleep: Simultaneous use of Two Actigraphs Comparing Right and Left Legs. Human Movement Science, 57, 357-365.
16. Atun‐Einy, O. +, Ben-Sasson, A. (2018). Pediatric Allied Healthcare Professionals’ Knowledge and Self-Efficacy regarding ASD. Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders 47, 1-13.
17. Atun‐Einy, O., Kafri, M. (2018). Implementation of Motor Learning Principles in Physical Therapy practice: Survey of Physical Therapists' Perceptions and Reported Implementation. Physiotherapy Theory and Practice 1-12.
18. van Schaik, S. D., Oudgenoeg-Paz, O., & Atun-Einy, O. (2018). Cross-Cultural Differences in Parental Beliefs about Motor Development: Mixed-method findings on Israeli and Dutch Parents. Developmental Psychology.
19. Ben-Sasson, A., Atun‐Einy, O., Yahav, G. Gev, T, Lev-on, S. (2018). Training Physical Therapists in Early ASD Screening. Journal of autism and developmental disorders, 3926-3938.
20. Kafri, M., Atun-Einy, O. (2019). From Theory to Practice: Mapping Conceptual Frameworks for the Application of Motor Learning Concepts in Physical Therapy. Physical Therapy, 99, 1628-1643.
21. Atun-Einy, O., & Kafri, M. (2019). Physical therapists’ perspectives of the construct of motor learning, and their motor learning-based practice: a qualitative study. Physiotherapy Theory and Practice, 1-14.
22. Oudgenoeg-Paz, O., Atun-Einy, O., & van Schaik, S. D. (2020). Two Cultural Models on Infant Motor Development: Middle Class Parents in Israel and the Netherlands. Frontiers in psychology, 11, 119.
23. Atun-Einy, O., Shahar Ashkenazi , T. (2020). En route to Professional Change: Expanding the Physical Therapy Toolbox for Early Screening of Autistic Spectrum Disorder During Infancy. The Journal of the Israeli Physiotherapy Society. 22:6-21. ( in Hebrew).